Home page of
Tomás Oliveira e Silva
I am an associate professor in the Electronics, Telecommunications, and Informatics Department of the University of Aveiro. I am also a member of the research staff of the Instituto de Engenharia Eletrónica e Telemática de Aveiro. Non-Portuguese readers may be curious about the "e" in my name (it means and); my family name is Oliveira e Silva.
My main research interests are in the following areas:
- Number theory (see my list of computational projects)
- Signal processing (digital and analog), and its applications
- Automatic control theory, and its applications
- Application of rational orthogonal functions in system identification and in adaptive filters
- Spectrum estimation, analysis, and synthesis
I have published several papers in some of these areas.
Over the years I have developed some programs and some LaTeX style files.
An alien robotic probe arrives at the vicinity of our planet and starts broadcasting this periodic signal [109KiB, RIFF wave format] (only one period given). How should we respond?